Friday 11 May 2012

Spending too much money, bargain hunting, Lemony Flutter & another new nail art pen.

Oh dear! I've done it again! I think I'm developing an issue with spending all of my money on pretty things, I just can't stop myself. Anyway, this is a story of two halves, and two days of massively over spending, on lots of little lovelies, but I'll keep to the nail relating lovelies for now.

So, let's start at the very beginning, I hear it's a very good place to start. I went back to Bristol for the day to finalise some uni stuff and see my lovely friend Becka. Whilst there, the pair of us decided to pop into town and hunt for pretty things. Whilst wondering around, we decided to go to TKMAXX, as they're currently selling, Nails Inc, Essie and Colour Club at really low prices.

With some of the sets I have no idea why they're selling at such low prices but with the others, it's because the sets either don't fully match, this is more so with the Essie polishes, or the colour stickers on the polishes are mixed up or missing, but if I'm being honest I don't really mind this. I get top brand polish for a fraction of the price, and lets face it, there's a cheeky hint of mystery!

After leaving TKMAXX with seven sexy new polishes, we went forth to TopShop. We wondered around looking at the clothes for a little while, where I picked up a cute little t-shirt dress, yay, and they looked at their make-up offerings. Obviously I was drawn more to polishes than foundations etc, and it was here that I picked up the TopShop nail art pen in the "Nightrider" shade. Mainly because I have a few traditional style nail art pens, like the Models Own or Nail Star pens I've previously mentioned, and I always like to try something new and this one is completely different. It is very much a "pen", same style, really similar style nib to a pen and looks pretty promising, so I'm quite looking forward to testing it out!

The next stop on our, bank-manager upsetting, journey was to Lush. Now I have decided, if I am posting about a shop in which you need or would expect help from a member of there team, for example a Debenhams or Mac shop that sort of thing, I will drop a little note in about the service I received in store that day, because we all know that if you're entering a store like that for the first time sometimes it can be a little bit daunting. Now I have been brought up to believe that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So, if they service I receive is less that satisfactory I will just state "No comment". In saying this however, the service I received at the Bristol Lush was amazing! I was served by the loveliest Lush assistant ever, I believe she was called Nadia, and she was really very helpful. Sometimes in these sorts of shops the assistants walk a fine line between helping and pestering, not our Nadia!

I invested in the brilliant "Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter" and it was well worth the money, it cost me £5.95, but you can tell by the consistency of the product that it will last forever. It's a beautiful, buttery texture and when you apply it takes quite a while to sink into the skin, which means that it moisturises over a longer period of time but also, you don't have to use great amounts of the product to do the job. Another plus side, it smells awesome! Which you would expect from most Lush products, but as Nadia put it, it smells so good it makes you want to spread it on toast. It's gorgeous! So far I've used it twice and I can already see a noticeable difference in my cuticles, when soft and smooth, but I'll do a full review at a later date.

To end my Bristol haul, the beautiful Becka gave me a delicious chocolate brown polish by Essie, another mystery TKMAXX buy. However, the story does not end there. After spending the day in Bristol I travelled up to my mummy's house and the spending continued, mainly because I was buying her lovely make-up for her birthday and once I'm buying cosmetics I just can't stop. However my first purchase of the day came within an InStyle magazine at a news agents. The tone of the day was set. So went to Debenhams to buy my mummy's presents, and I can't really comment on the service there because it was my boyfriend's sister who helped me. After that I returned to a different branch of the wonderful TKMAXX, just out of curiosity, just to see what colours or brands they were stocking. Poor choice on my part I will admit, but I did come out with some bargains. I bought another Nails Inc collection, it was a smaller set of three, but they're beautiful pastel shades, so right on trend, still slightly unsure on the name of each polish, but when I swatch and reviews I'll post them up. I also came away with three beauts Essie polishes, a gorgeous deep red and dark purple, perfect for when I'm feeling like a complete goth. Again mystery polishes now, but I'll do some research into their names before I swatch them up. I will say though, that all of the mystery polishes I've bought the formulation and consistency has been lovely, so there's nothing wrong with the actual polish, just a minor imperfection with the packaging, which is good to know.

Anyway that does conclude my massive overspend, I'm going to do a huge swatch/review post really soon from this and my last haul as well as full reviews on my flutter and some cute nail art tool I've recently bought.

P.S Dont judge me for this, not like my bank will! Xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment